Saturday, August 2, 2008

Has it really been two years?

Today marks the anniversary of my mom's death. Last year I had the luxury of being away on business for the actual day, so I was able to put physical distance between myself and the memories. This year, I've been pretty sensitive this week. I've cried at some of the smallest things. It even seems that everything I watched on either the TV or at the movie theater had death as a major plot line. Help! There's no escape! Even if I tried avoiding those things, you can't get away from the longing of wanting to hold her hand or wanting to hear her voice again. I try to imagine what Mom and I would talk about if we had one more conversation. What would be worth updating her on? Brad once again provided a great distraction with a bike race in Watertown, TN. I did, of course, what mom would want us to do on this day. Go out and support one another. Be there and cheer each other on. Unfortunately, he had to deal with some mechanical issues, but the race still provided motivation to get out of bed and face the day.

No comments: